Early diagnosis is key to preventing further damage, but rheumatic and musculoskeletal diseases (RMDs) often receive delayed or no diagnosis. If not treated appropriately, daily activities are affected – reducing peoples’ quality of life and affecting physical abilities.
This is often due to a lack of awareness – it’s important to know the symptoms of RMDs, and to contact a healthcare professional if you have concerns.
- Inflammation indicated by joint swelling, stiffness, redness, and/or warmth
- Persistent muscle and joint pain
- Extreme fatigue, lack of energy, weakness, or a feeling of malaise
- Stiffness and restricted range in movement or flexibility
- Joint deformity
- Symptoms affecting the internal organs
- Invisible symptoms e.g. depression and anxiety
At Adaptawear we are supporters of World Arthritis Day and we supply a range of adapted clothing available specially designed for arthritis sufferers. Take a look at our website to see some of our ladies and men’s discreetly adapted clothing to aid people with arthritis. By replacing zips with Velcro, buttons with magnets or having long zips with zip pulls enables the garments to open wide and stiff and sore arthritic hands are able to manage the fastenings helping you to remain independent for longer. Our clothing range includes:
Men’s Magnetic Shirt – BEST-SELLER
Our smart, classic looking Men’s Magnetic Shirt incorporates special hidden magnets along the front panel that fasten effortlessly and removes the need to struggle with buttons.
Long sleeve adaptive T-Shirt that opens with snap buttons through the front. Easy to put on and take off for users and carers alike. 100% cotton in sizes Small – XX Large.
Eezee Bra – BESTSELLER!
The Eezee front closure bra is designed to slip on and off with ease. This bra is your answer with only three large flat hooks. An Easy Touch tab in front of each hook guides the hook into its closure.
Other clothing suitable for arthritis sufferers include:
- Petal Back Open Back Clothing – no fastenings and easy to put on and off including dresses, blouses, polo shirts, nightwear and vests
- Ladies A-Line Skirt with Side Zips – elasticated waist and two discreet side zips with easy pull tags
- Elastic Shoelaces – turns a lace up shoe into a slip on shoe
- Button Hook/Zip Puller – helps with fastening of buttons and zip puller
- Clip on Ties – perfect for those who struggle to tie their tie