This week is Carers Week and at Adaptawear we are helping Carers UK spread awareness about the work of the 6.5 million people in the UK who are carers, looking after a parent, partner, child or friend.
Here at Adaptawear we recognise the invaluable support and work you do (mainly unpaid) for your family members and we want to let you know we are here if we can help in any way with getting dressed and adapted clothing. We sell a range of adapted clothing to help with both assisted dressing and independent dressing with the aim to make getting dressed easier and less painful for both the wearer and carer. Please do call us on 0800 051 1931 if you need any support or advice.
Carers Week (#CarersWeek) is an annual awareness campaign to celebrate and recognise the vital contribution made by the UK’s 6.5 million carers. It aims to highlight the challenges carers face and recognise the helping hand they give to families and communities throughout the UK.
If you are a carer and are looking for ways to make dressing your patient easier; please visit our Adaptawear website as we have a range of ladies and men’s adaptive clothing items available that a specially designed to make dressing easier and less painful. Our adaptive clothing are ideal for arthritis, stroke, Parkinson, incontinence and dementia sufferers as well as people of all ages who struggle with buttons and zips.
Some of our best-selling clothing suitable for carers:
Nightwear & Underwear
- Ladies Open Back Nighties – makes toileting more dignified
- Men’s Open Back Nightshirts – petal back style to help with dressing in choice of long or short sleeves
- Side Opening Underwear with Velcro fastening and Petal Back Open Vests
- Body & Pyjamas with Side Zips – designed to enable carers to dress and undress a person from lying position
- Tracksuit pants with side zips down both legs
- Open back ladies and men’s trousers – aid dressing
- CareZips incontinence dignity trousers – front opening from waist to knees
- Open back men’s shirts and ladies and men’s open back polo shirts
- Back-opening ladies dresses